Lucknow is the capital of the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh and is also the administrative headquarters of the eponymous district and division. It is the largest city in Uttar Pradesh, the eleventh most populous city in India, and one of the world's 100 fastest growing cities. Lucknow is a multicultural city that flourished as a North Indian cultural and artistic hub and the seat of power for Nawabs in the 18th and 19th centuries. It continues to be an important centre of government, education, commerce, aerospace, finance, pharmaceuticals, technology, design, culture and tourism in India. The city stands at approximately 123 metres (404 ft) above sea level.
The city was founded in 1775 by Nawab Saadat Khan (also known as Nawab of Awadh), who succeeded in defeating Mughal Emperor Ahmad Shah Bahadur at Karnal (in present-day Haryana), who had earlier beaten him at Lakhnau (Lakhnaur). He wanted to shift his capital from Faizabad to some other place safe from Mughal attack but not far enough away from his base area. His objective behind shifting his capital was to free himself.
Lucknow, the capital of Uttar Pradesh, has been associated with education for ages, also known for its rich culture and tradition. It has many schools and colleges. The city offers a variety of courses such as Arts, Science, Commerce, and Management.
Many schools in this city offer education from pre-school to higher secondary level.
The state government manages the government schools. They are free for students and teachers. There is no fee for admission, and the school provides books. The only thing you have to pay for is sports tournaments or competitions.
Private schools charge a fee for admission, but they also provide uniforms and books for students. Most private schools have good facilities such as well-qualified teachers, playgrounds and labs for science subjects (like physics).
There are also international schools which provide education up to Grade 12 level. Still, they do not offer admission below Grade 5 level unless they have enough students who want an international education at the preschool level (usually between ages 3-5 years old).
1) The best thing about a boarding school in Lucknow is that it provides one with a safe and secure environment. Parents will not have to worry about their children when at school because they will be under the supervision of their teachers, who care well.
2) A boarding school gives the child an opportunity to concentrate on studies without any distraction from home or the outside world to fulfil her dream of becoming professionals like doctors, engineers, pilots etc.
3) Some girls’ boarding schools in Lucknow allow students to participate in extracurricular activities such as sports teams and clubs, enabling them to develop leadership skills to help them succeed later in life.
4) The boarding dorms are larger, safer, more secure, clean, and well-managed. The most important benefit is safety.
Top Five Girls’ Boarding Schools
- La Martiniere Girls’ College
- Loreto House
- Christ Church College
- St. John's High School
- Sacred Heart Convent School