When we think of boarding schools in Chennai, a lot of stereotypes come to mind. Boarding schools are thought of as being expensive institutions frequented by children whose parents can't handle them or don't have the time to raise them. While boarding schools do take in many students who find themselves in those situations, there's a lot more to boarding schools than that. Some of these schools currently offer scholarships based on financial need and merit. Knowing the facts about boarding schools will help you make a decision that is right for your child.
Boarding schools in Chennai provide an excellent education to students. These schools are equipped with all the facilities for learning, including well-equipped laboratories and libraries. The teachers are highly qualified and experienced in their respective fields. The students get to learn from the best teachers who have years of experience in teaching different subjects.
The boarding school system is one of the most preferred ways of educating children in India. Most parents prefer this system as it helps students to focus on studies rather than wasting their time on other activities. It also allows them to make new friends from different backgrounds and cultures.
Boarding schools in Chennai provide various facilities to their students such as transportation facilities, medical aid, security guards etc.
The curriculum in these schools is designed keeping in mind all aspects of student’s life such as academics, sports and extracurricular activities. The curriculum includes subjects like English, Mathematics, History, Geography and Science apart from other subjects like Computer Studies, Social Sciences etc.
The school has separate classes for Physics, Chemistry and Biology so that students get ample time to study these subjects individually without getting confused with other topics.
These schools also provide opportunities for extracurricular activities such as music, dance, art etc., so that students can develop their talent at an early age itself and become successful later on in life
Boarding schools in Chennai have been the best option for parents to educate their children. The advantages of boarding schools in Chennai are:
1) Discipline- The primary advantage of international schools is discipline. The students are given proper instructions and they have to follow them. In this way, they will be able to learn many things which they cannot learn at home or from other sources.
2) Focus on studies- Students who are going to boarding school always get focused on their studies. They don't have any distractions from their friends or family members. This is one main reason for which many students prefer these kinds of schools instead of normal ones where there are so many distractions and temptations for the students to get involved in wrong things like drugs, smoking etcetera.
3) Better exposure- Another reason why students prefer these kinds of schools is because they get better exposure and experience regarding how to interact with people from different cultures and backgrounds and also learn new things about life itself through interaction with their colleagues, teachers, and other staff members who work there as well as other people who come here to visit them once in a while during weekends or holidays etcetera.
Top 5 boarding schools in Chennai
The top five boarding schools in Chennai are:
- The Padma Seshadri Bala Bhavan, Chennai
- The Ashram School, Chennai
- The Sishya School, Chennai
- The Shri Ram School, Chennai
- The Lawrence School, Lovedale