BOARDING SCHOOLS IN CHENNAI
What are Boarding Schools?
Boarding schools are those schools where the students get to live at school after the school hours are over. They bear a resemblance to colleges where students live in the dorms, but they primarily are made for school students. The ultimate aim of a boarding school is to provide a learning space where students can focus on their studies, develop and reach their full potential.
The Benefits of Boarding School
The following are a few of the advantages of boarding school-
- Boarding schools have also known to maintain small classes to help students get academic success. The student-to-teacher ratio is low, which means that the teachers can focus on students individually.
- Boarding schools usually restrict the distracting technology students encounter at home.
- The students of boarding schools are much more prepared and organized as they have to rely on themselves. The students are mature and very independent and don't have a hard time transitioning to college.
- The students can easily find their teachers anytime they want and usually form study groups to help each other out.
- Almost all boarding schools put a strong emphasis on their students' characters. Respect, honesty, patience, and other morals are more common in the students of these schools than the day-scholars.
Chennai: Gateway to South India
Chennai, the captivating capital of the state of Tamil Nadu, provides you with a glimpse of South India. The spicy food, colorful temples, history-rich architecture are all the basic characteristics of Chennai. The city was formerly called Madras. It was the first site of the British trading post of South India, and you can still find pieces of the era in the buildings and churches of this old city. As the capital of the south, Chennai is proud of its Tam il heritage. You can see signs of the Tamil culture all around, from shop signs to the music and film industry. Kollywood is the second-largest film industry in India, is also in Chennai.
The Tamil influence can also be seen in the city's famously spicy food, which is served on banana leaf plates. Some must-have dishes are idli, dosa, uttapam, spicy lambs, and a variety of seafood.
In a lot of ways, the capital of Tamil Nadu is still a conservative city. It lacks the metropolitan vibe of other cities like Bengaluru, Delhi, and Mumbai. But Chennai has some of the most famous places in South India, like the French outpost of Pondicherry and the ancient temples of Mamallapuram.
Top 12 Residential Schools in Chennai
- St. John's International Residential School
- The Velammal International School
- RMK Residential School
- Guru Shree Shantivijai Jain Gurukul
- Crescent School
- Loyola International Residential and Day School
- Ramakrishna Mission Residential High School
- Maharishi International Residential School
- Sushil Hari International Residential School
Infrastructure And Facilities:
The classes are well-ventilated and spacious. The libraries of all the schools have a sufficient number of books and resources. The schools also provide their students with music and dance rooms to follow their hobbies. The cafeterias are hygienic and provide balanced meals to the students. Sports training in hockey, football, volleyball, basketball, cricket, throw-ball, tennis, and badminton, etc., are also provided. Training for indoor sports like table tennis, badminton, carrom, chess, billiards, and skating are common. Many schools have gymnasiums for their students.
Yoga classes, swimming pools, playgrounds, auditoriums are also facilitated. The schools have fully furnished science labs, math labs, and English labs. The computer labs with a sufficient number of computers. Some schools also offer robotics training. The schools also have health care facilities for the students in case of emergency. Some schools provide students with career guidance and monthly counseling to keep their minds healthy.